Auction Date: 14/06/2018 at 10:30 am
Mid-Suffolk Light Railway Company Share Certificate - (A 19-mile line in rural Suffolk between Haughley Junction and Laxfield opened to goods in 1904 and passengers in 1908). Certificate for 10 shares made out to Henry Fairfax Harwood Esq J.P. Tuddenham Hall, Ipswich. Handsigned by the Chairman F.S. Stevens. Detailed blue printing by Waterlow Bros., Size 13¼” ´ 10¾”. This was one of the last railways to be constructed in England., went dramatically bankrupt two years after opening in 1906. Was run by the Official Receiver for the next 18 years until reluctantly taken over by the L.N.E.R in 1924.